Things are, indeed, in the process of quieting down over here in Weaver-world. I don’t know when we’ll finally get settled back into a life routine, but I definitely hope it’s soon. Joey is dealing with a two-day crash course in teaching higher ed, followed by his first day of classes on Thursday, so I’m playing PhD widow for a while; I miss Joey, but it’s also nice to have a quiet house, so I’m not too terribly upset. It gives me a chance to write a little more freely…I don’t know why, but I write so much better when I’m by myself.
Anyway, here are a few up-coming events, plans, and goals that are brewing over here in Weaverville…
- We’re engaging in some “guerrilla frugality” for the next few months. July and August proved to be very expensive months for us, and as a result, we’re not sitting as comfortably as we usually are (no, we’re not in trouble). So, to build back up, we’re going to be doing the “no-frills” frugality thing. I’m a little excited, to be honest (I know, sick, huh?) as it’ll definitely give me some ideas for my Examiner site! Two major parts of our Uber-frugal fall are: (a) NO eating out/takeout until the end of September, at least. I suspect that we may end up doing it for longer as I’ll be getting back into the habit of cooking and making new recipes, and once I’m doing it, I love it…and (b)STICKING to our $100 per month grocery budget. Farmer’s markets are making this one pretty easy right now. I’m also going to try my hand at making my own flatbread/wraps to further save $$, so keep your eye out for that!
- School starts next week for me!! I’m so thrilled, nervous, excited…I actually feel the same butterflies that I felt when I was going back to college. It’s a little disappointing, unfortunately, since the only contact I get with my profs and classmates is through a discussion board, but I’ll take what I can get. This semester, I’m taking Ethnic Lit and Research Methods. I suspect that the former will be more fun and the latter will be more helpful, but I’m grateful for both!
- More clutter-busting! Joey needs the office to be clean so that he’ll have a quiet place to work on his school, and right now, we can’t even walk in the office, so it’s time to get some of the crap out of there and free up some space. We’ll see how much we have and perhaps another yard sale will be in order…
- More knitting! It’s definitely time to crack down on my handmade Christmas goal, so I’ll need to continue with the momentum I’m building up to get those presents made:)
- More gym!! My ankle really doesn’t hurt very much at all, so now that it’s better and all of the crazy hub-bub of the last two months is over, it’s time to get back into the gym routine. I always feel better when my body’s not upset at me for what I’m eating and (not) doing.
So, there you have it…a productive update. I feel like I’m starting on an adventure!