Food Budget Update: Thus far, we’ve been under $50 each week for groceries…success! We’re at $50 for takeout this month; we bought our friend Cory’s dinner last night, which put us at $20. I’m not planning takeout for the next week because my tummy has been upset today…I’m gun-shy now;).
Meal Planning Update: This week wasn’t so good for the meal planning stuff. I picked a couple of items that weren’t wins and then had a night or two where I didn’t feel like what I’d planned. I think that flexibility is a good thing, but I don’t want to be too much into doing that, so I tried to make this week a little more exciting:
Meal Plan, 1/25-1/31
- Monday: Tofu stir-fry (served over eith brown rice or rice noodles)
- Tuesday: Roasted Root veggies and brussels sprouts (carrots, onions, potatoes)
- Wednesday: Scrounge Night
- Thursday: Spiralized Zuchinni with Marinara sauce
- Friday: Brown Rice Veggie Burgers
- Saturday: Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Sunday: Linguine with garlic cream sauce
Tomorrow night, I’m making sweet potato gnocchi. I forgot to buy spaghetti last week and I have a bag of sweet potatoes just begging to be made into gnocchi for the playoffs!!