We brought 2015 in among great company last night; our “Shenanigans” crew gathered for snacks and games and I got to watch the ball drop with some of the people I love best (now, if we could have figured out how to get Shannon/James/Levi and John into the mix, it would have been perfect!).
We came home around 2 and hung out with Indy for a while before hitting the sack.
This morning, we’re enjoying copious amounts of coffee (and someone’s enjoying a giant beef knuckle courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa) before venturing out into the world to have an adventure (which, honestly, will probably just consist of Petsmart and maybe Target).
I’ve been thinking about my 2015 goals for the past couple of weeks. I’ve got three larger goals, and then a few smaller ones:
- Get rid of about 50% of the “stuff” we’ve amassed over the last seven years. Our house is a wreck and we’ve got one room that we can’t even use right now. It’s got to go. We’ll sell whatever we can, then donate what’s left that’s not trash.
- Cut our debt in half. While we’re not fiscally irresponsible by any means, we’ve fallen into wasteful spending in several areas. If we cut those out, we should be able to wipe out a lot of our debt.
- Reach a healthy weight and fitness level. I made strides with this last year, losing 32 pounds and walking a 5K in September. As long as I’m diligent, I should be able to get where I want to go.
- Stop biting my nails
- RUN the NC Troopers Foot Chase at the end of March
- Get paid for writing at least once
- Read 2 new books each month
- Learn how to knit colorwork
- BLOG regularly (more than once a week)
I’m planning for the blog to take the direction of sharing my decluttering/frugality/weight loss journey. I’m sure it’ll be a little embarrassing here and there, but I’m hoping that seeing someone else’s struggles might help you feel like you can make changes too. I’m the laziest person I know, and if I can do this, I know you can.
I hope today brings you relaxation and a bit of fun. Time for more coffee here!