Yeah, I’m not having it today. Just not having it. Thoughts from the day:
- Cancer sucks. It really, really really sucks.
- It’s also irresponsible to keep throwing the “miracle” world around when someone’s battling cancer. There are other ways to encourage them that are more sensitive.
- I can only hope that when I was younger, I didn’t come across like I thought I knew everything and had all the answers. I know I was probably that way to some degree, but I also think my parents did a pretty good job of squelching that.
- After ten years of struggling, the only answer I have is that I don’t have the answers. And I’m okay with that. Consequently, I lack patience with those who think that they’ve got all of the answers.
- Wisdom doesn’t come by way of armchair philosophy and navel-gazing. Wisdom comes from life punching you in the face and you getting back up again.
- Flippant comments almost always hurt someone, whether or not it’s intended.
- Greed is an ugly, ugly thing that makes people do and say ugly, ugly things.
- Memories mean a lot more than money, and I don’t really care about the money.
- My parents are freaking awesome.
- My cat may be a little eccentric, but she’s scrappy and smart, and totally badass. I’d rather have a smart, albeit crabby cat any day.
- My husband is working three jobs and working on a PhD. And, quite honestly, the PhD work is a fourth job. It ain’t a walk in the park.
- I’m glad that we were totally broke when we got married. We have different expectations from life because of it.
- I’m also glad that my first job (selling furniture) wasn’t what I wanted to do and that they pay was crappy. It taught me not to say that a job is “beneath me.” It also taught me that I can do just about anything for a job if I love the people I work with. And I do.
Wow…this unintentionally turned into a “Thursday Thirteen.” Forgive the crustiness. It’s been a day. I feel better now:). Your regularly scheduled sarcasm and randomness will return tomorrow:)